drank Rembeng CTC BOP by SpecialTeas

this tea is the whole reason i headed in to special teas originally! i met a woman who works on campus who saw me carrying tea which started a conversation……. lol. ‘the rembeng!’ she said. ’that’s all you need to know…. that and they’re almost always out of it!’

i have never had a tea even remotely like this. it looks like tiny perfect ball bearings….. THIS is an ASSAM in vietnam? i wondered? okay. finer than any coffee grounds— believe me, i managed to spill it. we became intimately acquainted!

the second i poured water over it the water transformed into a charcoal colour. no waiting.

it didn’t smell like anything particularly familiar… a vegetal assam…. but i was missing something. that said, it was early yet, the steep was only a minute into three.

honey, yes. malt yes. sweet caramelized seaweed, yes. a perfectly smooth black base, oh yes. evolves over the span of degrees, each flavour taking its turn as the lead separately. it’s like they caramelized the tea….. how do you caramelize a tea? astonishing.

for the record, i had to call this morning and have them HOLD 100 grams of this for me. by the time i got there their entire supply was exhausted. i absolutely see why. i picked up a friend and offered her a sip….. i didn’t get much of it after that and i still have lipstick all over my travel mug, LMAO. (she apologized but didn’t stop stealing sips, ha ha ha)

would i recommend this tea? HELL YES! prepare to have your mind blown…..

Boiling 3 min, 15 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
JustJames

;0) yup. says so in the name. not like any ctc i’ve ever had in my life. not in taste, not in physical texture.

Stephanie

Oh duh LOL I’m stupid sorry!

Stephanie

Butiki Crimson Horizon is the only CTC I’ve had and it is addictive :)

JustJames

NO!!!! not stupid!!!! you had me scared i’d entered the data wrong, lol. i’ve had ctc’s before, nothing like this though…… nothing nothing.

Comments

JustJames

Stephanie

Oh duh LOL I’m stupid sorry!

Stephanie

Butiki Crimson Horizon is the only CTC I’ve had and it is addictive :)

Time For A ReWrite!

-COFFEE … rare, nasty, not even a bit funny if i’m exposed. (call me original)

Hi! I’m James!

mandala teas is brilliant and a company i count on.

90-100 i need more
80-90 i might need more, or it might be a respect vote

however, i’m always open to trying things.

dislikes so far: guayasa, darjeeling, most peach teas.

Victoria, BC