this was a lovely sample shared with me by my dear friend Xylona as we tried t get down to studying (still haven’t accomplished that yet!). there was a remote familiarity in the taste of this one. what was it? it was going to drive me mad!

then i had it. for me this tea has smooth overtones of roasted plantains. not just a little either. once i identified the note it became overwhelmingly clear, also charmingly engaging. this is a lovely oolong.

bit of turbinado, otherwise clear. thank you Xylona for sharing!!

Cameron B.

Xylona is such an epic name! :P And I want plantain tea!

JustJames

well, Xylona is a pretty epic friend =0) and the roasted plantain is just so nice in this one! absolutely lovely. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!

Cameron B.

I need to place a Verdant order soon before they run out of Minnesota Blend, so I’ll definitely pick up a sample of this and some others. :D

mj

Mmmm, love plantains! I might need to pick some of this up the next time I’m at Verdant :)

JustJames

lol…. quite outstanding. =0)

Terri HarpLady

This one always tastes like grapefruit to me :)

yyz

Haven’t had plantain in a long time. Though in Ecuador I loved the pan fried ones. In general we were more likely to have roasted green bananas ( Verde vs Amarillo) than roasted plantain.

I just saw this recipe for green banana soup. That’s definitely something I haven’t tried before.

JustJames

isn’t individual interpretation remarkable! grapefruit is not a flavour is have detected!

i adore african roasted plantains… the deep roasted not-yam not-fruit deep, round essence of plantain. i find that in this oolong. =0) a caramelized essence…. =0)

TheTeaFairy

You’re so right james, how different we taste. This is what I wrote in my review :

«Have you ever grilled Ruby Red grapefruits on the BBQ?» Totally grapefruit for me, just like Terri, but also caramelized like you ;-)

I wish I had found plantain, will look for it and keep it in mind next time I drink it :-)

Comments

Cameron B.

Xylona is such an epic name! :P And I want plantain tea!

mj

JustJames

lol…. quite outstanding. =0)

Terri HarpLady

This one always tastes like grapefruit to me :)

yyz

TheTeaFairy

Time For A ReWrite!

-COFFEE … rare, nasty, not even a bit funny if i’m exposed. (call me original)

Hi! I’m James!

mandala teas is brilliant and a company i count on.

90-100 i need more
80-90 i might need more, or it might be a respect vote

however, i’m always open to trying things.

dislikes so far: guayasa, darjeeling, most peach teas.

Victoria, BC