I’m not quite sure what the blue flowers bring to this tea aside from decoration. I am finding that more and more these days I’m running across them in black teas merely to impart colour to the blend it seems. As long as it doesn’t impact taste I am fine with it I guess but do find it a tad silly.

This is one of the better Earl Greys I have tried and one of the samples I got from Upton. It is just a regular ol’ Earl Grey. Nothing shocking or surprising here. Nicely balanced mix between the bergamot and the tea. I’m a huge fan of Earl Grey and will say that this will go onto my shopping list for the next time I decide to bite the bullet and pay for the shipping Uptons’ charges.

I’m probably considered a heathen by true tea afficienados. I tend to accidentally over-boil and put too much milk in all my tea. I seem to land in the black tea/earl grey category when it comes to favourites but am trying to branch out. Living in a small town I can only experience non-bagged tea via online shopping which sucks to say the least and I’m always on the look out for a good store. Drop me a line about one if you have an idea. Bonus points if Canadian. :)

Vancouver Island, Canada