drank Original Blend by Red Rose

This is the default brew of the diners and basic restaurants in my town. Thus, I’ve had it a hundred different times all pretty much served the same way. In a scalding hot metal tea pot that is sure to leak upon pouring and burn your hands. If I’m lucky they bring it to me without the bag in so I can at least be aware of the steeping time and maybe they bring a pitcher of milk. Usually I’m stuck with creamo at the table and sugar or splenda if I want to sweeten it, as I usually do for I find it sort of bitter.

I guess I can’t say that I’ve actually tasted this tea pure so maybe I am selling it short. I associate this with coffee mugs of milky sugary heat that I’d have one after another while chain smoking and gabbing with friends late until the night. So less of a flavour and more of a good memory tea.

I’m probably considered a heathen by true tea afficienados. I tend to accidentally over-boil and put too much milk in all my tea. I seem to land in the black tea/earl grey category when it comes to favourites but am trying to branch out. Living in a small town I can only experience non-bagged tea via online shopping which sucks to say the least and I’m always on the look out for a good store. Drop me a line about one if you have an idea. Bonus points if Canadian. :)

Vancouver Island, Canada