drank Buttercream by DAVIDsTEA

This is my first experience with white tea and I probably went about it all the wrong way as I had to quickly drive someone a few blocks over and thus it steeped for about 9 minutes. Seeing as how I see some whites being recommended for only a 30 second steep and this exact brand recommends 4-5 I am sure I sinned greatly here.

On first sip (with the recommended milk and sweetener – agave) I wasn’t that big of a fan. I think the aroma of the tea put me off a little. The mixture of chamomile, tea, some sort of mint and something else I can’t identify just smelled a little off. Or I may just not have experience with the smell of white tea.

Two sips in and it started to improve a bit. A light flavour. I can taste the butter and the chamomile but none of the mango it mentioned. I sense a tad bit of florals as well as which is off putting to me as I’m not a floral fan.

I won’t be buying this again but if offered a cup by someone I wouldn’t turn it down. Though I wouldn’t turn down most tea. :)

8 min or more

I’m probably considered a heathen by true tea afficienados. I tend to accidentally over-boil and put too much milk in all my tea. I seem to land in the black tea/earl grey category when it comes to favourites but am trying to branch out. Living in a small town I can only experience non-bagged tea via online shopping which sucks to say the least and I’m always on the look out for a good store. Drop me a line about one if you have an idea. Bonus points if Canadian. :)

Vancouver Island, Canada