drank Chrysanthemum by Teas Etc

Okay, so this was my first time trying Chrysanthemum, so the rating is low not based on quality (since I am unfamiliar with other Chrysanthemum herbal teas) but is instead based on my experience with it. I got the tea sample in the mail and there were full beautiful flowers in it. The smell wasn’t anything special, but I figured it would come out once I started to steep it.

I got it to a nice light yellow color and decided to take out the flowers and give it a taste. I love floral teas and especially chamomile, but this was a bit farther off from those two than I expected. It has a very strong and abrasive taste. I wasn’t a fan of the aftertaste at all. No hints of sweetness in this one. The taste was bitter and astringent in a way that I didn’t enjoy (I like strong teas).

Overall, I wasn’t all that happy with this tea, but like I said before, I hadn’t tried Chrysanthemum. If you like Chrysanthemum I would give this tea a shot, perhaps as a sample when buying other teas from Teas Etc. You may have the opposite reaction as me! I do love this company though.