Hanukkah tea for the eighth night of Hanukkah! Actually, I’ve been drinking it all holiday, but I was waiting to reach my 200th note to post about it. This tea was my 100th tasting note, too, so you can tell it’s really something special.

I have had so much trouble getting away from the apple-cinnamon aspect of this. I do love that flavor, but I’ve been wanting to tease out the brothy flavor too. Adding salt somehow wasn’t doing the trick. Finally I just added salt right into the steeper while I was brewing and boy howdy did that do it. Potato-y, savory goodness. Of course now that I’ve succeeded in my effort and thoroughly enjoyed a brothy cup, I want a sweet one! Mmm, with sufganiyot (fried jelly donuts). Yup, that’s totally what I’m having next.

Happy Hanukkah!

Lariel

I want to try that on so much.

Stephanie

Tasty tea… happy Hanukkah!

Kaylee

Lariel – I meant it when I offered to send you a bit. Just PM me your address!

Stephanie – thank you!

Lariel

Thank you! I think you need to follow me first. ;)

JustJames

=0) happy hannukha. did you make some latkes?

Kaylee

Thanks. Even better – I got other people to make them and all I had to do was eat. Being a terrible cook has its benefits :)

JustJames

LOLOLOLOLOLOL. that is even better!

Comments

Lariel

I want to try that on so much.

Stephanie

Tasty tea… happy Hanukkah!

Kaylee

Lariel – I meant it when I offered to send you a bit. Just PM me your address!

Stephanie – thank you!

Lariel

Thank you! I think you need to follow me first. ;)

JustJames

=0) happy hannukha. did you make some latkes?

JustJames

LOLOLOLOLOLOL. that is even better!