drank Champagne Cider by Butiki Teas

This tastes just like an apple version of one of my favorite kosher wines, Bartenura Moscato. Crisp, not too sweet, and just a touch of bubble. I have no idea how Stacy managed it, but this does produce a (pleasantly) fizzy feeling on the tongue. Pretty awesome.

I actually first tried this tea on New Year’s Eve. I tried to make the cocktail recipe that came with it, but I had to substitute too many ingredients – sparkling apple cider for regular and rum for bourbon, and no cinnamon stick for garnish. It came out terrible. So terrible that I was entirely turned off this tea for over a month. Two nights ago, I finally gave it another shot. Two and a half 16-oz mugs later, the tea is all gone. So this is a tea-sad sipdown. Not a tea that I would keep in my regular rotation but one I definitely enjoyed. It’s more of a fall tea than a New Year’s tea, I think.

The recipe suggested by Amoda:
- 1 heaping tsp of Champagne Cider
- 1 oz bourbon
- 1 oz real apple cider
- cinnamon stick to garnish

Steep a cup of Champagne Cider. Leave a little room in the mug. After 5-7 minutes, remove the leaves and pour in the cider and bourbon. Stir with a cinnamon stick and enjoy!