drank Manderin Puerh by Vital Tea Leaf

…it has been quite a while since I drank it the last time. Even though summer may not be the right season for this warming and rather spicy brew I could not resist in opening one of those teas last week.

Except a shy hint of mandarin scent the tea hasn’t go much nose. The color of the first brew, I drank it from a highball glass, was good. As rich and dark one might describe it.
I kept the steeping temperature below 80 degrees Celsius which created a kind of velvety effect on the tea while I drank it. A very, very smooth but intense brew when it comes to flavor. It always amazes me how it heats up my body. Very awakening.
With the second brew I always tend to be a bit more bolt in regards of the water temperature. The color of the tea turns extremely dark. It almost seems as if the liqueur became more thick and rich, too.

I guess one might get a endless amount of brews out of one single portion from this leafs. It probably would get one through a whole day if desired.
I personally stick with two brews per tea a day. Usually a green tea between 10.00am-11.00am and then a dark tea (Oolong, Pu-erh or English blacks) in the afternoons. Three or four times a week a strong milk tea in the early morning.

Passionate tea drinker since 1992…

Macau-China