drank Golden Bi Lo by Golden Moon Tea

Humm…..Very nice. I believe this was supposed to be the May entry in the Single Leaf Club although I received it at the same time as their White Cloud in June.

The fresh leaves smell wonderful! I kept my nose tucked into the packet for a while to breath it in. A sweet citrus with just a hint of floral. I don’t usually like strongly scented tea leaves but this one is awesome. The fresh leaves also look gorgeous.

I initially followed the recommended brewing of 1 minute at 212. This was good, but after a sip I wondered if it would be better with an additional minute. Two minutes was perfect. No bitterness, just nicely full flavored.

Once brewed, their is just a hint of the fresh tea scent. The tea has a nice toasty flavor as mentioned in the Golden Moon tasting notes. A small hint of citrus for me. Not sure about the cocoa – still thinking about that one. Very nice, though. Highly recommended.

ETA: As the tea cooled, the citrus flavor that I noticed in the fresh tea leave scent became more pronounced. I really enjoyed this tea and look forward to trying a resteep.