As it snowed (and rained) here last night and as I am nervously awaiting the arrival of my new sofa I felt that in order to cheer myself up I would try a new tea that I only had one bag of (as it was given to me by a friend from Finland).

The instructions on the back of the tea bags pouch say to steep for 2 minutes and use boiling water.

Colour: Very dark and coffee-like, or soy sauce if you prefer.
Smell: Floral and fragrant, the berries (which is strawberry and raspberry in this case) are very notable but to be honest hard to decipher as to which berries they are. Had I not known I would not have been able to tell you more. Very sweet smelling non the less and very fruity.

Taste: Very, very sweet on the tongue that continues with the after-taste. Pineapple is noticeable which gives sweetness but also a slight twangy bitterness which I suppose is to stop it from being altogether overly sweet. I do like that this tea uses some black tea as I think that without that slight darkness in taste it would be far too light and fruity. I cannot taste the cherry personally but that does not stop this tea from being as lovely as it is.

It really does have the feeling of being a happy and cheerful tea, it’s easy to drink and is a pleasure to smell. I may have to buy some of this in the future.