Relaxing after work and after having been craving green tea all day I thought it was the perfect call to try this tea. Looking at other drinkers reviews I can see that this tea is like Marmite and I will either love it or hate it.

The tea’s sachet states to steep the bag for 2-4 minutes.

Apples are notable in the fragrance with slight berry-like undertones (which must be the pomegranate). Deeply red in colour this tea contains green tea, apple, pomegranate, hibiscus, rose hips and licorice root.

While tasting fresh and fruity I am having trouble detecting the full ingredients with the most important one being the pomegranate (considering this tea is called green tea with pomegranate). Just as it was smell wise, apple is the most dominant flavour by far. A slight bitterness can be found amongst the after taste which I believe to be the green tea.

While being a nice sweet yet grounded flavoured tea It’s name seems a little misleading. I would personally suggest re-naming this tea to ‘Green Tea with Apple’ as that would be truer to form. But still overall a refreshing drink… just a shame about the pomegranate (or lack there of).

ScottTeaMan

As long as the tea doesn’t have too much hibiscus…….I’d probably like it. I’m not a big hibiscus fan.

KittyLovesTea

There is only a very slight taste of it which is mostly in the after taste. The apple in it was nice though and made all the difference.

Bigelow Tea

ch3rryprinc3ss, we just wanted to say thank you for your review of our Green Tea w/Pomegranate. We will certainly share your observations with the lack of actual pomegranate flavor, not being as pronounced as should be in a tea which is after all, Green Tea, with Pomegranate. We really do appreciate your feedback, thanks

Kathy for Bigelow Tea

Comments

ScottTeaMan

KittyLovesTea

Bigelow Tea

Kathy for Bigelow Tea

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom