I was not sure if I should add this Pu’erh or not as I cannot read the Chinese writing to determine what the brand name is but I can always give links to where I purchased this from if anyone is interested. It was a sample from 51different flavours of Pu’erh that I purchased via eBay that came directly from Yunnan, China. This is the first sample I have tried.

After rinsing the wonderful dark brown tea with crystallized chunks of orange peel and steeping for 2 minutes in boiling water (which was as instructed) I can note the memorable smell of Pu-erh with an additional sweetness being the orange.

The sweet and bitter orange compliments the Pu’erh very much giving it a twang that makes you ask for more. I find that a lot of Pu’erh tea’s are subtle but taste very pure and refreshing and this one is no exception. Being so subtle I am not sure if I would be able to tell specifically that the extra flavour is orange but once you know what it is it truly makes sense.

Flavours could always be enhanced by adding some extra dried orange peel which can be found from most health food shops but I like it the way it is. Plus it has a good strength that gives you a WOOSH with a slight buzz but both in a good way.

In two words… Loving it.
In another two words Thumbs up.