This was a free sample that came with my natural tangerine pu erh. The age makes it very appealing to me as all the information I can find states that the longer you leave the pu erh the better and this will certainly be the oldest that I have tried.

I do like rinsing pu erh before hand as well, seeing the brewing of it as a beautiful tradition.

The colour is very dark and looks like coca cola (which someone else has said as well) but it truly does. It still has the soft yet pungent fragrance of pu erh but you can certainly smell a little more strength to it thanks to the age.

Ah a lovely pu erh. Very classic in taste but with that little oomph that makes it special. Smoky and nutty with a little darkness but still light and floral. It still tastes fresh considering it’s 12 years old. Wow when this tea was made I was only 12 years old….that’s a scary thought.

I suggest anyone who likes pu erh should try this tea so you can experience a different side to this wonderful tea. I have roughly 5 or 6 more drinks to make out of my sample and I may have to buy some when I run out (which will be quite quickly).

TeaBrat

sounds good!

KittyLovesTea

It is beautiful. I have already bookmarked the page to buy some more soon :)

Comments

TeaBrat

sounds good!

KittyLovesTea

It is beautiful. I have already bookmarked the page to buy some more soon :)

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom