Another Tea Pig from my mums tea cupboard. I just finished work and could really do with a chocolate bar right now and while my stomach agrees with me my head is saying “but think of the calories” so instead I chose this chocolate flake tea.

Colour: Reddy brown with a golden glow.
Smell: It actually reminds me of dog chocolate (chocolate that smells more powdery than sweet).

Taste: (Oh please take this chocolate craving away). I can taste cocoa which is again a powdery sort of taste but it’s very subtle. Not sweet or sickly like some chocolate tea’s can be but for me it’s not sweet enough. I don’t want to put more sugar into my tea because thats more calories I could do without. It is bitter as others have mentioned which is probably the black tea being a bit stronger than the cocoa taste. Granted that the more you drink of this tea the more cocoa you can taste and it starts to taste more like a cocoa powder drink just missing the milk rather than an actual tea.

It hasn’t taken my craving for chocolate away but honestly I don’t know if anything other than cocolate could. So instead I have some Diet Chef chocolate chip biscuits to dunk into this to A make it sweeter and B give me the chocolate I crave.

Oh well Tea Pigs, you can’t win us all.