drank Mao Feng Green Tea by Teapigs

The last tea from my Tea Pig tasting session today. This was a lovely golden colour when brewed and smelled very fresh.
It was a nice green tea but was rather bitter after a while and it just got stronger and stronger, perhaps next time I shall do a faster steeping to see if that fixes the problem.
Overall it’s an average green tea, perfect for every day use but not for those special moments. This tea just isn’t for me.

TeaBrat

Have you tried steeping it at a lower temperature? I usually do mine at 170 – 180 F which cuts down on the bitterness.

KittyLovesTea

When I do my other green tea’s I always use warm water instead of boiling but my husband made this one so I didn’t have a choice lol. You are right though it may help to reduce the bitterness, I will try it tomorrow. I just checked the Tea Pigs website as well and they said to use boiling water :/

Comments

TeaBrat

KittyLovesTea

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom