drank Yunnan Jig by Adagio Teas

My mother told me she is buying me some Adagio tea’s for Christmas this year so that means I need to get started on the Adagio that I already have. :)

This looks very dark brown and mystical once brewed and smells very earthy. I love my black tea’s strong and this certainly fits that description but it’s also very refreshing which makes it a wonderful drink. Sometimes strength can end up over taking everything else and you are left with a bitter cup of what looks like (and perhaps tastes like) mud but this balance is lovely.

After half the cup you start to pick up some of the caffeine buzz and each sip becomes slightly stronger yet sweeter than the last.

I have a few Yunnan tea’s that I have imported personally and I must say that this is one of the most pleasant that I have had considering the strength, balance, colour, taste etc.

Undertones are of a slightly smokey and only a touch of bitterness but you expect those with most black tea’s anyway. I would recommend this to anyone who likes black tea and is looking for a ‘special occasion’ black tea or just purely to try something different.

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom