My Butiki tea’s arrived this morning after just over a week of waiting in anticipation :) This one was chosen at random by my husband from the big magical box of tea and as soon as I opened the bag the most magical sweet and nutty fragrance filled my nostrils. It resembles a fresh pecan pie and words cannot describe how wonderful it smells. Infact it smells so delicious that my cats have been trying to steal it from me!

This was brewed due to the instructions given and for the first taste test I have not included any sugar or sweetener.

Colour: Gold with brown tinges

First sip: WOW. Second sip: Wowzers! I can detect the pecan nuttiness and the natural sweetness of maple but it doesn’t dominate (which is a huge plus). The oolong is more noticeable about half way down the cup but it blends in very well and only adds to the flavouring instead of taking anything away. A slight citrus is noted too at this point but only very slight, like very subtle lemongrass.

Each sip has the same burst of flavours and it has been a while since I felt this but I will be upset to see this cup come to an end, I could drink gallons of this. I think adding sugar would pro-long the sweetness for those with a sweet tooth but I find the natural sweetness to it enchanting enough.

All I can say is wow, this is my new favourite flavoured Oolong.

KittyLovesTea

PS. This re-steeps well for cup number 2 ;)

Kittenna

So excited for this one! I need to place an order ASAP…!

KittyLovesTea

It truly is very yummy and worth placing an order for when you can. :)