drank Tamarind Pop by Butiki Teas

I’m another person that is unfamiliar with Tamarind so unfortunately I have nothing to compare this with.

Whilst raw this tea has no particular fragrance and the leaves are a mixture of brown and red which is perfect for autumn. Whilst brewed it retains a lovely dark brown colour.

Without sugar:
Alright this tastes like a strong black tea with oodles of natural sweetness and a touch of sourness and bitterness. I’m guessing the sugar would mask the sourness and bitterness a little bit. There is a touch of vanilla which helps to smooth out the fizzy sourness.

With sweetener:
Still a lovely and strong black tea but with more sweetness and more vanilla. It would seem that the sweetener truly does bring out some of the flavours. Now there is also a dark taste, very similar to dark cocoa.

Definitely a unique tasting blend, while not being my favourite from Butiki it’s still wonderful as something different. Very glad I ordered this.

Butiki Teas

Tamarind is a bit sweet and sour at the same time. If you like Indian, Thai, or Mexican cuisines you might be able to find some tamarind there if you would like to explore the flavor. Personally, I love the tamarind sauce/chutney found in Indian food. A little goes a long way.

KittyLovesTea

It turns out that I do know what tamarind is but only as ‘Indian dates’. I am lucky enough to live in Leicester, England which throws the largest Diwali celebrations outside of India due to our growing Asian (Indian and Pakistani) population. We have such amazing Indian food here, It’s been a good few months since I had a decent curry as I’m on a diet but I googled tamarind and found they are also called Indian dates. I have chutneys made with Indian dates that are gorgeous, sweet and spicy and sour. It didn’t clock on to me because of this diet and my lack of having any in such a long time. Doh!

Butiki Teas

Very nice! I’ve been to a somewhat small Diwali celebration and it was a lot of fun. That’s too funny! Well, now you know what tamarind is. :)

Comments

Butiki Teas

KittyLovesTea

Butiki Teas

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom