This is another 52 teas blend that I have been dying to try for a while now. Coming into autumn and in October especially there is never a better time to eat or drink anything with pumpkin in. I adore pumpkin and anything halloween related (it’s my favourite holiday) and I knew I would give in to temptation when I saw this for sale.

Raw this is a nice black tea with the odd sunflower petal dotted about that gives it a nice gold and black appeal. Smell wise it’s strongly like pumpkin spice (clove, cinnamon, cardamom all in one) which for me can either be hit or miss as I am not keen on clove or cardamom.

Brewed and left unsweetened and uncreamed this smells even stronger and more chai spice like but with added earthy tones from the pumpkin and black tea. There is also sweetness already there which could be a mixture of pumpkin and cinnamon to give it that natural sweet yet spicy smell.
Being a black tea this is dark brown in colour.

First few sips bring out super sweetness from the caramel with a pumpkin after taste. The sweetness is very surprising considering it’s unsweetned, I would say there is no need for any sugar at all as this is sweet enough.
The caramel itself is a dark caramel taste thanks to the black tea but it’s not bitter at all and works to it’s advantage.
I can also taste the spices now (they smell stronger than they taste). Unfortunately there is no cheesecake type taste at all, it’s really more of a caramel pumpkin taste. Not enough to cure the urges of cheesecake.

Half way down the caramel is much stronger and it slips lovingly down my throat and leaves a warming spiciness behind with oodles of pumpkin flavour. As far as this goes with regards to being a pumpkin flavoured tea I would say it’s very nice but it still doesn’t beat Davids Tea’s Pumpkin Chai and it’s about equal to Butiki Tea’s Pumpkin Creme Brulee.

Maybe next time I will add a bit of milk to this and see if the creaminess brings anything out but for now it’s a pleasant autumn drink and it’s going down a treat.

Alphakitty

This is going to sound weird, but you should think about trying this as a cold brew! It really brings out the cheesecake.

KittyLovesTea

Thank you I will try that for my next steep. I’m not sure how a cheesecake tea would taste as my mind just cannot meld the two together so I have a feeling that the lack of cheesecake taste could also be from myself. The next half decent weathered day here in the UK and I shall give it a go.

Comments

Alphakitty

KittyLovesTea

I am 26 years old from Leicester, England. I have been drinking tea for many years now and have been getting more and more appreciative about good tea’s. I like to try new and exciting tea’s and import regularly as a treat.

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I am also an avid reader and enjoy curling up with a book (mostly crime, horror, thriller, literature genres) in one hand and a cup of tea in the other.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom