drank SBT: RadioactiviTEA by 52teas

This will be my first SBT and I must say I am very excited, both at the prospect of tasting a new tea and for receiving this one’s supposed radio active ultra caffeine effects. Yesterday I worked a long shift and not long after I got home I got called in and asked to work today (my day off)…lets just say that I am far from being amused by all of these hours. At least now you can understand why I need a good caffeine boost.

The SBT range arrive in very large tea bags as they are for making a jug of iced tea but as I am at work today and have no jug handy I have had to cut open the bag and use a very generous 1 and half spoons full of tea to make enough for one pint of tea. Not how this is meant to be used but I believe I have a fairly accurate example infront of me. Made with boiled water for 3 minutes and poured over ice and left for a few minutes to cool.

Colour wise this is as you would expect of an assam, dark reddy brown (like autumn leaves at the end of the season).

Smell wise this is strongly earthy.

Now for the long awaited and needed taste. Boy that’s strong but in such a lovely way, it’s not just your standard assam at all. This has a lot of strength without any bitterness or sharpness to it and as an iced tea this is perfect. There is a slight sweetness blended with an earthy boost and malty finish.

About half way down my cup and all of a sudden BA BOOOOOOOOOOM!!! The caffeine has exploded into my system and is making me type a the speed of light (or so it feels). The last time I felt like this was when I had a few expresso’s (many years ago) with my husband and we walked down the street laughing and acting drunk from the buzz (when I say years ago it truly was, thinking back I was 15 so almost 10 years ago).
What a lovely memory to think back on :)

Well I usually don’t go so off topic….lets bring myself back to reality takes deep breath right there we are. I guess this truly is radioactive.

If you like your iced tea strong and unflavoured then you will love this one. I think this is now my favourite unflavoured iced tea :)

Iced 3 min, 0 sec
Ysaurella

Oh Lord ! seeing the tea name + the radioactivity symbol I realize how fearful I can be…I think I wouldn’t even dare trying it !