I have had such a nightmare of a day (a lot of work due to covering shifts, locked myself out in the rain wearing a thin t-shirt and had to stay out for an hour, fell over carrying food shopping and set back the physiotherapy for my ankle….just to name a few). The first tea that I saw that may pick me up was this cutely named and packaged beauty potion tea. I only have one bag and that was from a friend overseas :)

The bag is a see through pyramid (similar to Teapigs) and you could see the contents inside quite clearly. I counted roughly 15 small jasmine pearls and two pinches of dried rose petals, all of which looked fairly fresh despite being pre bagged and the smell was wonderfully floral.

Once the water has been poured in the aroma strengthens slightly and it’s so fresh and floral, it’s almost as though I have a bouquet of flowers nearby. Colour wise it’s a a dark yellowy green colour.

As I am fussy with green tea (I only like fresh and preferably loose leaf) I thought that I would either end up loving or hating this tea with no real in-between. The balance and flavour of this is surprisingly wonderful, the jasmine pearls are the strongest of the two and suddenly you can taste a slight rosy floralness behind the jasmine.

By themselves the jasmine pearls taste light and slightly sweet with the jasmine being subtle and the green tea giving a little bitterness to ground the sweetness down. The rose petals get sweeter the more you drink but thanks to the green tea they are not too sweet and act more floral and refreshing. Together the two combine wonderfully to create a simple yet tasty treat.

My day is easing slightly but I’m not sure about this being a potion to make me more beautiful, oh well I suppose we can’t have it all.