I received this tea early from my tea club so I thought I would be cheeky and review it early too :)

As I opened the bag I was greeted by some lovely dark and medium brown leaves with silver and gold tips. They are somewhat chunky (mostly) and smell very fresh with floral with astringent highlights.

Once brewed this forms a golden brown colour and smells pleasantly floral.I usually prefer second flush Darjeeling to first flush as I admire the strength and uniqueness of the flavour. If you are after a nice Darjeeling then this does not disappoint. It has that wonderful unique muscatel grape fruitiness with hints of floralness that make it very refreshing.

Each sip continues to impress and I am lovingly savouring each flavour. Half way down the cup it takes on a gentle perfume taste that lasts in the after taste.

I can’t help but be reminded of a gentle pu erh with the earthy astringencies in this Darjeeling (which I am loving).

Overall I think this is a good quality tea and I look forward to finishing the rest of the bag. :)

Geoffrey Norman

Oh, you lucky! I’m quite looking forward to this one. If only to notch off another of the Arya “jewels” from my list.

Hehe…jewels.

Comments

Geoffrey Norman

Hehe…jewels.

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom