drank China Green Tips by Tazo

I bought one of these teabags from a holiday trip to Hunstanton a little while ago to try at home at my leisure. The cafe server looked at me a little confused but it’s another tea for me to log and try so it’s worth it. :)

My experiences with Mao Feng are unfortunately not very positive overall as I find it usually unnecessary bitter and without much flavour. This claims to be a Mao Feng blend.

The bag contains small chopped up bits of green tea and resembles mixed herbs used for cooking. Raw the bag is a little bitter but not especially fresh or green.

Once brewed this is grassy yellow in colour with a extremely subtle floral fragrance. It’s very hard to detect any fragrance at all.

Flavour is light with a touch of floral tones and a gentle perfume tang. It’s also slightly bitter and astringent. I can’t detect any sweetness or creaminess that is mentioned in the default description. The tea itself is not particularly fresh and nor is it past your average standard quality (what you expect) but that’s the real problem with it.

This would be the sort of green tea that someone would buy for pure convenience over quality. It’s all around ‘just ok’ and while being ‘joe average’ is fine for some it just doesn’t cut it for me. I would not buy this again and nor would I order it from a menu.