Since our clocks went back yesterday and we gained an extra hour (for those of us in the UK) it meant that this morning I thought I was up late when in actual fact I awoke at a fairly reasonable time. So that gives me the perfect advantage to try this well acclaimed tea.

The smell of this whilst raw is that of dark syrup (like maple syrup) and it has a bit of sweetness to note. Not much more to it than the sweet syrup fragrance, just a slight bitterness and strength of the black tea.

Now this has been brewed it smells much sweeter and much more maple syrup like. The bitterness has gone which could be due to the splash of milk I have added.

I had to drink half a cup of this to determine it’s flavours truly, again the maple syrup is there which is darkly sweet and the milk adds a creaminess to it which I could mistake for something perhaps slightly bready (like pancakes). It’s extremely subtle in the pancake factor and if anything else this is more maple syrup tea than pancake tea but I suppose when people have maple syrup they think of pancakes. I will try this next time with half a spoon of sugar and see if that changes the flavours.

This is nice and it is the sort of thing I could drink every morning for a nice ‘pick me up’ but as far as it goes I had to really stretch to find the pancake in both smell and taste.

So to sum it all up: Pancake tea = no. Maple syrup tea = yes. Tasty? = Yes.

EDIT: I have tried a second cup this morning and added a sweetener to see what difference if any it would make. There is admittedly more of a pancake flavour now with a touch of butter. The maple syrup is much sweeter now but still manageable (as I prefer things to be not overly sweet). It’s still more syrup tea than pancake but this is still a lovely blend.

I am 26 years old from Leicester, England. I have been drinking tea for many years now and have been getting more and more appreciative about good tea’s. I like to try new and exciting tea’s and import regularly as a treat.

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I am also an avid reader and enjoy curling up with a book (mostly crime, horror, thriller, literature genres) in one hand and a cup of tea in the other.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom