Unfortunately my morning is not going very well, nothing serious but it’s my husbands birthday party tonight and now the food, alcohol and party supplies will not be delivered. Now with a lot of house cleaning and set up I need to find the time to go out and buy everything I need and get home before my husband to set it all up. Urgh…..busy day.

The only thing that can calm me down for the time being is to try a naughty sounding tea and how naughtier can you get then this raspberry truffle?

Whilst raw the tea looks delicious with a good sprinkling of chocolate chips and bright red raspberries which compliment the dark twisted brown leaves.

Smell once brewed is sweet and fruity with smoky chocolate tones. The colour is dark brown. I am not including any sugar for the first sips.

The fragrance is stronger than the taste at this point, the raspberry is subtle and slightly tart but sweet at the same time which balances nicely. The chocolate chips are not very noticeable but I believe I can pick them up in the after taste. I might try a longer steep next time and see the difference.

Adding in sugar now. Much sweeter now (of course) but in a nice way, the raspberries are not tart at all now but still remain fruity and raspberry tasting (slightly sour) and the chocolate is now more like chocolate in a weak way. Taste wise now with all of the ingredients together it does taste very similar to a raspberry truffle.

I’m being alerted now that even more things have gone wrong….it truly will be one of those days today for me. Good to know that I have around 10 cups of this left ….looks like I’m going to need it.

Great job again Butiki.

TheTeaFairy

hope things will turn out ok for the party… Unlike most of us women, husbands usually don’t care when things are not perfect :-)

KittyLovesTea

Thank you TeaFairy :) The party worked out well, the only thing I regret not having time for was his tower of cupcakes. I had to buy them and quickly decorate instead of making them all from scratch. The men seemed to like the party, snacks and alcohol arrangements, shame they didn’t want to try any of my tea’s.

Comments

TheTeaFairy

KittyLovesTea

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom