Thank you for my sample of this tea :) As promised here is your review.

Upon opening the pack this oolong was beautifully dark green in colour and it oozed a milky/creamy/sweet floral fragrance. Now this has been rinsed just before my initial first steep it’s exuding a strong green and fresh smell, one of the strongest oolongs I have experienced so far.

So I will do 7 steeps with my gaiwan for this oolong for the following times: 25s,35s,45s,55s,65s,75s,85s. Also note this is with just under boiling water and with 7g of tea which works out to be a whole sample.

First steep – 25s – The tea is honey coloured with a gentle floral scent. The taste is stronger than the smell, it’s very floral and a little fruity with a toasted tang. It’s also sweet and fresh tasting, a lovely example of a stronger oolong.

Second steep – 35s – Slight more floral now in fragrance. Again the same lovely fruitiness and strength but it’s sweeter than the first steep. It’s a dark sweetness similar to molasses but more subtle and fresh.

Third steep – 45s – Now this smells like toasted fresh flowers and has darkened slightly but still remains virtually honey coloured. The green flavour has increased and reminds me of raw broccoli, also the sweetness is being a little overwhelmed by the toasted flavour but the floral notes keep it fresh.

Fourth steep – 55s – Same toasted floral smell. Same colour. Perhaps a little dry and nutty could be added to the aforementioned flavours. Still fairly strong and very nice.

Fifth steep – 65s – The broccoli elements have more or less gone now and the floral tastes have come back into play with more sweetness. Also just a note about the tea, the oolong itself has now expanded in my gaiwan to reveal dark brown and dark green long twirled leaves.

Sixth steep – 75s – More subtle now than the last few steeps. Floral and sweet once more, similar to the first and second steeps. No real toasty flavour or nutiness other than for a second in the after taste.

Seventh steep – 85s – Pale yellow now in colour with very subtle floral fragrance. Very gentle and light but keeping the floral tones and sweetness.

Overall this was a very nice oolong that whilst not committing to full strength was still fairly strong and flavourful. Very fresh and pungent. Suitable for people that love strong oolong or floral tea.

205 °F / 96 °C