First Steep – 7 seconds

Colour is yellow that smells of subtle yet sweet melon (I wouldn’t say specifically watermelon) . Taste wise it’s sweet and fruity, a little floral and fresh. Simply put this does tastes like a combination of melon and cucumber but very subtly so, as far as the first steep goes that is. So far this is delicious, if it increases in strength then things will go from good to great for me.

For pictures and to read my next steeps please visit my blog at:

160 °F / 71 °C
Nik

This sounds lovely. I am not sure I have the patience for these teas that give the gift of soooo many infusions. =)

KittyLovesTea

I’ll be honest and admit that I do have to be in the right frame of mind to have a gaiwan tea, not to mention the time. I have noticed the difference in taste and flavour when using the gaiwan and that makes the effort worth while. I also have an online stop watch saved in my favourites so I don’t have to keep counting, fine for anything under 30 seconds but when it comes to 3 minutes it becomes a little tedious lol.

Nik

I’ve been satisfied with just a kettle until now, but the temptation to do it up properly is getting overwhelming. I think it’s time to get a gaiwan!

KittyLovesTea

Looks like the gaiwan club will have a new member :) It truly is worth having a special tea and utensils, they brighten up any day. The only problem is that once you go gaiwan you may find it hard to stop lol. Teavivre have some great tea’s for gaiwan’s and they also print their recommended steeping times which make it easy. :)

Nik

I’ve heard nothing but good about Teavivre and look forward to trying their tea (I think I may have one or two). And you’re right, I tend to try preferred preparation methods on everything (I’m currently in the process of trying to turn everything into a chai). :D

Comments

Nik

Nik

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom