drank Cider Guayusa by Butiki Teas

I thought I would do a quick review before bed time and after my conversation about cider on the forums I took it as a sign to try this one.

The raw tea smells like sour apples with a little spice.
Once brewed the tea creates a dark golden brown liquid that smells very similar to it’s raw state.

I can taste apple, clove and cinnamon and each gets stronger the more I drink. It reminds me of mulled wine that we have at Christmas time here in the UK, I wonder if that is the equivalent of warm cider in USA?
It’s definitely very tasty and happily appley. I’m being warmed up before bed time :)

LiberTEAS

I hope that the Guayusa doesn’t keep you awake! It’s pretty invigorating! More of a morning tisane than an evening one, in my opinion!

Babble

I’ve actually had mulled wine, and it was very … wine-y. I’m very sensitive to the taste of wine, and I wasn’t a fan.

Warm cider, on the other hand, is really just warm apple juice with spices. We also have hard cider, which is usually cold, and is alcoholic, but still tastes a lot like fruit juice – just with carbonation – because of how sweet it is.

And then there is my favorite – sparkling apple juice. It’s basically wine for kids, since it doesn’t have any alcohol in it. There’s also sparkling grape juice :)

Nik

Sparkling grape juice is my favourite! Although, during the holiday season, my supermarket has this, which I might even like a little bit better than my beloved sparkling grape juice:

Comments

LiberTEAS

Babble

Nik

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom