drank White Plum by Nothing But Tea

This morning I received 4 tea parcels from Teavivre, Tea from Taiwan, Dragon Tea House and Nothing But Tea which has left me drooling and busy putting things away. Unfortunately Steepster is not letting me add new tea’s so I’m stuck with reviewing tea’s that already have a page.

I ordered White Plum purely for it’s aesthetics and you must all agree that the little tied flowers look ace. I try this first as it was the first thing I added to my shopping cart on NBT and it already has a page.

As I open the bag I can smell light and fresh grassy tones. Each piece is tied as pictured with a beige coloured cotton cord and it’s a nice novelty to have such beautifully hand crafted tea.

The instructions state to add 10 flowers per cup and use 70-75 degree water for 4 minutes. I put the flowers into an empty tea sac and despite the steeping time the flowers have still managed to stay tied together.

Once brewed the tea is a very pale yellow colour with a fairly strong astringency. It smells similar to a black Yunnan tea..but this is green tea…how bizzare! It does say this green tea comes from Yunnan so perhaps it has gone through similar processing as their black?

The taste is the same as the smell, dark and smoky with a floral kick. If I was blindfolded I would never have guessed this was a green tea. Definitely a surprising punch from such pretty flowers.

All in all it’s very nice. Smokier than Gunpowder but a much cleaner taste. It gets a little stronger further down the cup and mimics Lapsang Souchong. Very pleased with this unique little ditty. :)

K S