This tea is only available in store but it sounded sweet and yummy so I purchased 125g yesterday. As I opened the packet I closed my eyes to take in the magical aroma of sweet and fizzy lemon, much like actual lemon sherbet which takes me back to my childhood.

It might smell like it states but the mixture is actually red in colour and while there is not an ingredients list for it so I cannot say what is in the mixture I can spot what look like rose petals, chunks of dried apple, dried lemon rind and hibiscus flowers.

Once brewed the tea is very dark red and looks like red wine. It still smells like lemon sherbet but not as sweet as unbrewed and also with a tang of what smells like hibiscus.

I was a little apprehensive about my first few sips as I am not a hibiscus fan BUT to my surprise it’s not hibiscus heavy. I can taste the lemon which is sweet yet tangy and fizzy with a kick of sweet apple and a tart floralness in the background. Still it really does taste like lemon sherbet and if anything the hibiscus is disguised nicely.

Half way down the cup and I’m still loving it. Imagine adding hot water to two spoonfuls of lemon sherbet and that is what this tastes like. Extraordinarily yummy!