drank SBT: Monkey Fart by 52teas

I was given an Adagio Teas Ingenuitea iced tea maker a while ago and both me and my husband are off work today and felt like brewing up a batch of iced tea. A few months ago I placed an order with 52 tea’s and was excited to try this tea as I had never had banana flavoured tea before (and still haven’t). With my need for iced tea and my husbands love for banana’s it was easy to decide to brew this tea and use my Adagio Teas Ingenuitea gadget for the first time.

As I opened the little packet to expose the large prepared teabag I took in a strong smell of banana’s, it smelt almost milkshake like. The last time I had beer flavoured anything it was for my husbands birthday (5th November) last month when I bought some banana beer as a novelty. Funnily enough I can member saying that smelled like banana milkshake too, which means it also smells like the loose tea for this.

Brewed and left to chill for a few hours while my ice in the freezer becomes solid, it’s been difficult to leave the mixture in the fridge without sneaking a taste. I remain a good girl though and have left it well alone..until now. Serving time. :D

The iced tea is brown in colour, monkey coloured some may say, and it still maintains the amazing banana smell. It’s a sweet yet creamy banana smell, very candy like.

The flavour is more subtle, while I can taste banana I can also taste a rather malty yet cocoa nibbish. The balance is about right for me, it’s not too sweet nor too earthy and the banana lingers in the after taste quite nicely. Such a nice novelty :)

I would buy this again as it’s perfect for the occasional hot spells we get here in the UK (if we’re lucky) but at the same time I’m quite happy with a few others I have in for loose tea at the moment. Great job 52 Teas, yummy work. :)

LiberTEAS

Banana beer sounds like something I’d buy just to try … I’d end up taking a sip or two and then passing the rest to my hubby… I’m not a beer drinker at all. But, I’d want to try banana beer. There’s also a VooDoo Donuts beer that I want to try … it’s bacon maple doughnut flavored ale. I’ll have to try that one sometime in the coming year.

KittyLovesTea

The banana beer was nicer than you would think but I’m a fan of beer in general anyway so I suppose it may be too beer like for some people. The Voodoo Donuts beer sounds strangely intriguing. If it was vegetarian then I would try it just to say that I had. :)

LiberTEAS

I have tried a chocolate beer, and I just didn’t like it. I wanted more chocolate, and this one was called “double chocolate stout” but their idea of double chocolate is clearly not the same as my idea of double chocolate. I just tasted an odd tasting beer.

KittyLovesTea

Chocolate beer is something I have tried, it tasted like a strange artificial chocolate (almost milkshake like) concoction. Honey beer is nice and sweet,

Comments

LiberTEAS

KittyLovesTea

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom