This tea was recommended by darky after seeing my review for Rose Petal Black by The Tao of Tea. I have been on a Keemun binge recently and unfortunately the Rose Petal Black by The Tao of Tea did not please me. I ordered this brand with a few other samples to try and they arrived this morning.

Upon opening the packet I was delighted to smell the familiar thick, earthy tang of Keemun whilst investigating the whole rose flowers of pink and yellow that were embedded within. It was enough to make my mouth water.

Brewed for 3 minutes and just under boiling as advised.

The smell once steeped was heavily malty yet sweet and floral. Flavour wise this had sweet and sour elements but much more palatable that I was expecting, it was a rather smooth and well balanced blend. The Keemun is of a good quality by itself and I was happy with the condition of the roses.

This was so nice that I had to have a second cup straight after my first cup and whilst contemplating my third cup I realised it was time for me to finish work. If a tea can put work out of my mind then that shows it’s yummy.

So far this is the nicest rose and Keemun blend I have tried, though I do have some more brands to try at some point.

darky

Nice that u already received it and glad u like my recommendation! Witch other samples did you order? i’m pretty curious :)

KittyLovesTea

I also got the Huo Shan Yellow Buds, Hojicha and Yellow Gold. I have been buying too much tea recently so I could only afford a small order but If the other tea’s are as good as the Keemun and Whole Rose then I shall order from them again. :)

darky

you will be in for a surprise, i liked all off there these so far! Waiting for your huo shan review! wanted to try those in near future aswel and probably hojicha to. The yellow gold, i can say is very jummy and citrussy i brewed those western style and can get about 4 to 5 cups out off it :) drank about 200grams of it over the last year i think but recently switched to try other oolongs

darky

oh btw i usualy don’t buy 10gram samples its a bit risky but i usualy go over directly to 50gram bags. Finding 10gram a bit less to experiment with the tea

Comments

darky

KittyLovesTea

darky

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom