Today I had a dentist appointment to receive a filling and have a tooth extraction which is a huge step for me as I hate dentists. It’s nothing personal but my childhood dentist scarred me for life (for reasons I shall keep to myself for the time being) and it’s taken me a few years to pluck up the courage to visit. The work went well but I was horrified when I was given a care leaflet about looking after the blood clot where the extraction took place. The leaflet stated NO HOT TEA! I have been into my black tea’s as of late and my heart broke into two pieces.

I visited my mum as she lives not far from the dentists practice and she said a parcel arrived for me (I get parcels sent to my mums address as she is always in). My Della Terra order had arrived after I went crazy on Black Friday ordering stuff, it was the light at the end of my dreary tunnel.

The only tea that told me to brew less than boiling was this one which made it perfect to try first since it’s the only one suitable for the next 24 hours.

Anyway I’m starting to ramble so I will get to my review.

The loose tea smells very chocolatey though not specifically white but I can see spots of white chocolate flakes amongst the brown chopped up leaves.

Once brewed the tea forms a dark honey colour that smells as chocolatey as the loose mix.

I have been waiting all day to have a cup of tea and it’s now 5:33pm. My first sip and I can taste chocolate mixed in with a slightly malty and earthy Pai Mu Tan tea. It’s a nice mixture but I still wouldn’t say this was specifically white chocolate, it just has the generic chocolate smell. Perhaps I’m being a little picky as white chocolate is my favourite.

It’s almost like a hot chocolate but without the milk and creaminess aspect. It sweetens the more you drink and the malt flavour blends in more.

Happy with the blend overall, it reminds me of Maltesers but in tea form. :) It helps ease my days pain.

tattooed_tea

I still haven’t received my black friday order :( Wish I would have got this one.

Comments

tattooed_tea

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom