drank Earl Black by 52teas

Spoiler alert!

On the fourth day of Christmas my true love gave to me a mug full of… Earl Black tea.

I admit that I did cheat with this one and opened it an hour before it officially turned 17th Dec. I’ve had a busy day at work and rushed straight off afterwards for a family meal so this is the only chance I have had to try it.

As I tore open the bag with naughty delight I encountered a very fruity blend of blackcurrant, bergamot and something sweet like apple. An interesting combination, I love Earl Grey as does my husband and this mix blew our mind. Very imaginative!

Once brewed this becomes pale yellow/green in colour with a gentle blackcurrant breeze. This tea is a little different to something I would usually try, though I am a fan of bergamot I am particular about blackcurrant. The white tea is a little floral and very light which is aided with a soft blackcurrant flavour that was very fresh and also light. The bergamot is the most subtle but it is noticeable at times which stops it from being just a hot blackcurrant tea.

The whole cup is a delicate mixture of fruit and flowers that leaves a wonderful fresh and sweet taste in my mouth. It’s also helping to reduce my stomach ache from the large meal I managed to stuff myself with (vegetarian toad in the hole with mashed potato and guiness gravy). Super wintery. :) Thanks Frank.