SPOILER ALERT!

On the seventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me a mug full of … Lime Jello Salad tea.

This was another tea on my wishlist from 52 Teas so thank you Frank for including it in the pack. One of my favourite desserts is keylime pie so I was hoping this would be sweetly limey. I had a flash back just then of being called a limey when I was in Las Vegas earlier this year. Anyway enough with my memories, lets get to the tasting already.

This is my second cup of the day :) Upon opening the packet I was drawn in to the super strong fruity citrus fragrance. it’s divine! I couldn’t put my finger on the smell until I read that it contains pineapple and then it clicked into place, it does indeed smell more of pineapple than lime but the two are very similar. I wouldn’t have agreed before today that pineapple could be similar in any way to lime other than they are both fruits but Frank has somehow managed it. Like some sort of crazy willa wonka sweet. Crazy Frank tea perhaps would suffice?

Since it’s a green tea I shall brew this with warm water and for only a short steep. This is mostly what I was testing with my first cup.

The tea once brewed reminds me of citrus/fruit sherbet as it’s super fruity and super sweet in fragrance. Amazing!

Taste wise it’s still rather pineappley but again there is a definite citrus sour tang beneath the sweet fruit. It’s naturally sweet enough that it can easily be enjoyed without sugar and the green tea is not harsh/bitter in the slightest. It also has a tutti frutti vibe going on.

It’s a delicious combination that has added magic and whimsy into my lonely day. I hope you all enjoy your tea as much as I did. :) And if I don’t speak to anyone of you before the day then Merry Christmas to all.