On the ninth day of Christmas my true love gave to me a mug full of… lemon cardamom chun mee tea.

I took a huge sigh when I saw the flavour as I absolutely hate cardamom. :(

Whilst raw the tea smells of lemon but not specifically cardamom (thankfully). Once brewed it forms a golden honey colour with the same sharp lemon smell.

Well here goes nothing sip… wow not as bad as I was expecting. Again it’s lemony with lemongrass being quite strong and it does sort of taste like cardamom but I love lemongrass so I can see past that. It’s very fresh and clean tasting without being over powering or too sharp. It’s also naturally sweet and pleasing, the chun mee is light with a slight green perfumey aftertaste.

It’s nicer than I thought it would be and while it does taste like cardamom it has more than just that element to it. Quite simply if you dislike one thing you can appreciate another. :)

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom