drank Butterbeer by 52teas

I have had this tea for a few months now and left it untried for too long, even when it appeared in the 12 days of Christmas box I failed to try any. Well not today, now is the time to brew, sip and review.

My house is a royal mess thanks to my lazy days over Christmas and my hangover has left me with holiday belly today so after washing a marathon of pots I have sat down to rest with a cup of butterbeer. Strange really since the last thing I want after this hangover is beer.

Raw the tea reminded me of dandelion and burdock pop which I adore and get delivered each week from my milk man so I hope it tastes similar. I think it’s the licorice that put me off initially as I have gone right off the taste of it which may be why it has taken me to long to try this.

I have no idea what the reference is with Harry Potter either, not a Potter fan. As a child I was a LOTR fanatic, of course that was when there were only the books. I think someone should make a LOTR tea. Anyway I’m stalling…I must sip.

It smells sweet and malty with strong licorice notes. It’s a familiar smell but I just cannot think what it reminds me of (which is no help). The maltyness in flavour I like which may be the chicory aiding the black tea but the licorice is sweet and well..very licorice. It’s chai like but without the spices.

It’s no where near as bad as I was expecting but it’s not something I could drink much of. Going to see if I can trade away my unopened pouch. Sorry this one just isn’t for me.

I am 26 years old from Leicester, England. I have been drinking tea for many years now and have been getting more and more appreciative about good tea’s. I like to try new and exciting tea’s and import regularly as a treat.

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I am also an avid reader and enjoy curling up with a book (mostly crime, horror, thriller, literature genres) in one hand and a cup of tea in the other.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom