drank Sangria by Teaopia

Thank you Kittenna for this sample. :)

It’s feeding time in my household and all 4 of my kitties are letting me know how hungry they are. They have that ‘I haven’t eaten in days and I’m wasting away’ look on their little fluffy faces which any pet owner can relate with. I’m on the sofa not feeling well still so it’s about time I got up and killed two birds with one stone…so to horribly speak… by feeding my angels and making a cuppa at the same time. The Sangria was sent from Kittenna as part of a trade and it was the first one I pulled out of the bag to try.

It smells a little fruity raw but without much of anything else to really say about it other than it looks like dried fruit bits. A long steep of 6 mins as advised and I can note it forms a strong red colour with a slight fruity and somewhat winey fragrance.

First sip in and I can taste hibiscus…not exactly what I was hoping for. Beyond the hibiscus there is a fruity element that reminds me of grapes and apple so we have sour from hibiscus, sweet from the fruit and also a herbal touch which I can assume may be from the lemongrass.

It’s not sangria as such but I wouldn’t say it was a bad try. Definitely a summer time tea and it may even be better iced. The balance is mostly what ruins the tea as it’s very hibiscus heavy but it’s not the worst hibiscus tea I have tried. It’s at least manageable.