It’s been a while since I have been in the right mood for an Oolong but I am craving something light and floral at the moment. A while ago I bought a sample of most of the Oolong’s from Tea from Taiwan’s website and this one was chosen at random for my steeping tonight.

Raw this tea consists of dark green leaves that have been rolled into small balls with a sweet, creamy and vegetal scent. Just what I have been craving.

Steep 1 – 1 minute infusion – gongfu style
Pale yellow in colour with a sweet and creamy with buttery notes. It reminds me a little of fresh cabbage water so it is vegetal and green tasting but also sweet and light.

Steep 2 – 2 minutes
Increasing strength this is now very vegetal and reminds me of sugar snap peas. Also getting a bit of dryness on my tongue. Still very sweet.

Steep 3 – 3 minutes
It’s definitely sugar snap pea’s, I snack on them from time to time and it has the same flavour and sweetness. I can only describe the flavour as green but cannot explain what that means…natural…vegetal…a little floral…when you see green planted food you imagine what it tastes like and this is the same as that. Not sure if I made sense there :/

Overall it’s a nice Oolong in taste and quality but at the same time it’s very similar to plenty of other Oolong’s available on the market. I would not go out of way my to buy this again but if I ordered from Tea from Taiwan again I would seriously consider it.

200 °F / 93 °C

did you need to pay customs for your tea from taiwan order? just wondering

KittyLovesTea

Tea from Taiwan were kind enough to mark the tea as gift so I did not have to pay for customs :) Most Asian tea companies seem to do the same from what I have personally experienced.

darky

ah did u request that they mark it as gift? Because i had a sample off them before and that was a really very nice oolong. Had been thinking for a while to place an order there, if my stash is a bit smaller :)

KittyLovesTea

Nope they gifted it automatically. They do have some very nice Oolong’s and some I have never heard of before. They do great samplers too.

Comments

darky

did you need to pay customs for your tea from taiwan order? just wondering

KittyLovesTea

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom