drank Long Life Oolong by DAVIDsTEA

I was given a teabag of this tea last year and it was my first David’s Tea item that I received. Since I found that I couldn’t buy them here in the UK I kept it as a special treat for one day in the future. Well that day is now, my nan passed away 8 years ago next month and today would have been her birthday. I was very close to my nan and her passing has been extremely difficult for my family and not a day goes by that I don’t think about her.

My nan was a very strong woman and at only 63 she was taken away from us all much too young. I sometimes think that she was taken to cook for her beloved cowboy and Indians (her house was decorated with pictures and statues and she loved Western films).

To celebrate her life I am drinking this Long Life Oolong. My nan (Jean) was more of a coffee drinker than tea but I know she would love my quirky tea addiction and see it as being healthy and interesting. She was my best friend.

The tea comes in a see through square with easy to see ingredients. A sweet and peachy/apricot scent is subtle but there.

Once brewed the tea is yellow in colour with the same but much stronger peach/apricot smell that really is quite mouth wateringly good.

The taste is similar to the smell but with added extra’s. While the peach and apricot are the most dominant there is also a hint of waxy citrus orange and something slightly dark and gently toasty which must be the Oolong. Even though it’s rather fruity it still remains refreshing and light with a fair balance of flavours and sweetness.

It’s a shame I only had the one bag of this because it really is quite tasty. I may have to see if this re steeps well. Plus the cooler it becomes the more I can taste the Oolong and smooth almond. Yummy.

To my nan Jean West, I hope you have found peace and eternal happiness. We all miss you down here but we know you are watching over us. Know that we all love you and will miss you until the day that we are reunited. I am trying my best to make you proud of me. Even though it was short I’m thankful to have had you in my life. I love you nan.

Indigobloom

So sorry you lost your nan. What a great tea to toast her memory :)

Comments

Indigobloom

So sorry you lost your nan. What a great tea to toast her memory :)

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom