Thank you to Jillian for this sample. It’s been on my shelf for too long and I’m going through my one off samples today.

The teabag smells like cinnamon with extra spiciness, not exactly what I thought I would smell with it being chocolate flavoured.

Once steeped the tea is dark brown in colour with a very strong cinnamon and fruity orange smell. There is also a slight earthy smell from the pu erh.

If it doesn’t smell like chocolate does it at least taste like it? That’s the question I am asking myself at this moment in time while I count down the remaining steeping time.

Well I can now answer that it has a slight taste of chocolate (or cocoa anyway) but the cinnamon is overpowering it. Now don’t get me wrong I love cinnamon but I was hoping this would be a little more chocolatey than it is. As for this being a pu erh based tea I would have never guessed it by taste alone.

While it’s not what I expected it’s still not bad for a bagged tea and it has it’s own charm. It’s more of a weak fruity chocolate spice cake than just chocolate by itself but perhaps that’s not such a bad thing.