I’ve just spent 3 hours at my local tattooists to finish off a half tattoo sleeve and once I got home the pain started to hit me. It feels like very bad sun burn but it’s all over my arm and it’s gotten to the point where I am having to preoccupy myself. What better way to do that other than to write a tea review?

My second Earl Gray sample from Canton Tea Club and I am looking forward to my teapot full of this. Upon opening the packet I noticed this smells stronger than their classic version, the orange is much more potent but still remains sweet and somewhat waxy. It smells like someone has been peeling an orange, it’s so fresh and juicy. :) Also the colour is a little lighter in comparison and with the occasional silverish yellow leaf and blue cornflower it looks quite attractive.

Steeping 10g sample spread over 3 teabags in my teapot and taken without milk. Lets get started.

The dark brown tea soup smells just as strong as it’s raw form but also richer. The Darjeeling is really standing out in comparison to the classic. It’s strong and rich with only a touch of waxy orange and a green/floral taste. I would say this is double the strength of the classic but even so it’s still smooth and flows nicely.

The flavours take you on a journey. It starts off thick and rich and you start to think it’s too strong but then it cools down to a waxy orange affair and ends with a light floral/perfume after taste.

Definitely my favourite out of the two blends but it’s not my favourite ever Earl Grey. I do admire this blends strength and I think that’s why I prefer it overall.

Terri HarpLady

Yay! More tattoos! I’ve been contemplating a new one myself…

KittyLovesTea

Nice to see another tea drinking tattoo enthusiast. :)

Terri HarpLady

Oh, there are quite a few of us!!

Indigobloom

A new tat, how exciting!! I only have one but really want more

Comments

Terri HarpLady

Yay! More tattoos! I’ve been contemplating a new one myself…

KittyLovesTea

Nice to see another tea drinking tattoo enthusiast. :)

Terri HarpLady

Oh, there are quite a few of us!!

Indigobloom

A new tat, how exciting!! I only have one but really want more

I am 26 years old from Leicester, England. I have been drinking tea for many years now and have been getting more and more appreciative about good tea’s. I like to try new and exciting tea’s and import regularly as a treat.

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I am also an avid reader and enjoy curling up with a book (mostly crime, horror, thriller, literature genres) in one hand and a cup of tea in the other.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom