I’m in the mood for something sweet and also pre bagged for ease as my newly tattoo’d arm is absolutely killing me. Plus I’m rather engrossed into the FA cup football matches as I have placed a cheeky bet for the wholesome sum of £2 and I’m sat here in anticipation with my fingers crossed.

This tea was part of a sampler box I received for Christmas with lots of different flavours, each in a tiny box with two samples per flavour.

The bag looks like normal rooibos and other than a slightly sweeter than average smell it pretty much is the same as original rooibos. Not sure why I wanted to try this since I dislike rooibos at the best of times but I just got the craving for it.

I will be adding a touch of milk (which I don’t usually do). It was nice to see the milk slowly mixing into the red tea :)

Once brewed the tea smells like normal rooibos, the sweetness has vanished. :(

The taste is like your average rooibos too. There is maybe a smidgen of sweetness but I would certainly not say it was sweet enough to be categorised as caramel. I would have to add sweetener into it before it became as sweet as it’s name sake and that would feel like a waste because I shouldn’t have to manually turn something into what it should have been in the first place. Alright I need to calm down it would seem :/

So to sum things up this was rooibos and nothing more. As far as rooibos teas are concerned this was as fresh and tasty as expected but it did not over exceed anything above average. Such a shame… I will just have to pick something sweeter for my next drink to make up for it.