Oolong, Oolong the song of my life
Will it be bitter or will it be nice?
Oolong, Oolong will you be true?
Please be tasty because I love you.

Alright enough randomness for the time being. Lets get down to the review.

The raw tea consists of small loosely rolled leaves that are dark and light green in colour. They smell very sweet and vegetal but unusual in a way … not good or bad just … well different.

Two teaspoons worth are placed into my gongfu with just below boiling water poured over the top and left to steep for 3 minutes. This is as the instructions state on the package.

Once steeped the tea soup creates a yellow gold colour with a sweet pea almost peony like scent.

Funnily enough it tastes as it smelt raw … very hard to put my finger on it. It is sweet, vegetal, a little floral but it’s something I cannot describe exactly. Is it turnip like? Swede? Butternut? Like I said it’s hard to define but it’s not your average Oolong vegetal taste that’s for sure.

The sweetness advances with a touch of the roasted vegetables and it smooths itself out quickly and before you know it the flavour has gone. Maybe that means I can add misty to it’s description. The more I drink the more I like it and start to taste it’s strength a little better.

Very delicious.

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom