Drum roll Roll up! Roll up! Ladies and gentleman I would like to say thank you for advice and friendship over my first year of tea blogging. That’s right I have now reached just over a year on my Steepster account. :) Also this is my 400th tasting note so it’s a double celebration. Drum roll end

Seriously now As most of you know I adore Earl Grey and when I was digging around in my Della Terra samples box I pulled it out with a grin so wide that my face started to hurt. I had remembered seeing it when I opened it just before Christmas and left in there for safe keeping, today it was a very nice find. Like finding a sunken treasure amidst a messy cabin room that has gotten worse with time. Well…it’s been one of those weekends that has now dragged into the start of my week. But enough of that…

Loose leaf this tea looks pretty with blues and yellows among the black finely cut and curled leaves. Very elegant. :) Not only is it aesthetically pleasing but the smell is divine. Strong bergamot (which is waxy yet sweet) and a creamy rather vanilla scent trailing behind it. Yummy.

Once brewed this forms your average dark brown tea colour but has that same wonderful scent but perhaps a little more vanilla like than before.

Usually I like to add milk and on those rare occasions a spoon of stevia sugar to complete my Earl Grey but I will be sampling this in it’s raw form (without either additives).

Wow. No that’s not good enough… WOW That’s better! This is delicious. It’s smooth and sweet with creamy vanilla tones making it some sort of Earl Grey mist. It’s so fresh and light yet there it is.. that sweet and citrus Earl Grey distinct flavour. It’s very different yet very similar. I may even try a stronger steep next time around to see what difference it makes but so far I am truly loving this.

Such a shame that I only received this as a sample pack and I didn’t think to order a bigger pack to try. :( Oh well, it has been added to my list for when I next place an order.

ashmanra

Congrats on your recent Steepsterversary!

YAY! congratulations! :)

K S

^^ What they said.

Bonnie

Wonderful!

Veronica

NofarS

Kittenna

Awesome! My Steepsterversary is today! I wish you many more hours drinking delicious tea and posting awesome tasting notes! :D

KittyLovesTea

And congratulations yourself Kittenna :)

Comments

ashmanra

Congrats on your recent Steepsterversary!

YAY! congratulations! :)

Veronica

NofarS

Kittenna

KittyLovesTea

And congratulations yourself Kittenna :)

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom