drank Florence by Harney & Sons

Thank you Kasumi no Chajin for this tea.
I could smell this tea as soon as I opened the envelope and boy was it strong and chocolatey. A closer smell of the raw leaves reveals an earthy nuttiness along side the sweet chocolate.

Once steeped the smell reminds me of Nutella (chocolate and hazelnut spread).

Without milk and sugar:
The chocolate comes through with a little sweetness just before the hazelnut brings a nutty punch to create a sweet yet earthy drink. The black tea is a little bitter and the earthiness from the nut does not help it’s smoothness which makes the chocolate very cocoa nib tasting.

With milk and sugar. The chocolate is more chocolate like rather than cocoa nib (smoother and sweeter) while the nut is a little softer. The milk really tones down the bitterness and enhances the chocolate. It now reminds me of hot chocolate you can buy in ready made sachets with powdered milk.

Overall it’s a very nice chocolate tea (as far as chocolate teas come) and the nut is a perfect little touch to make this one stand out. Very yummy. :)

Becky

My mom’s been on Weight Watchers for a few years now, and Nutella is one of the things she misses most. Maybe I should get some Florence for her to try!

Tor Marie

Nutella tea sounds like heaven.

Comments

Becky

Tor Marie

Nutella tea sounds like heaven.

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom