drank Jasmine Tea by Fujian Tea

My second Gongfu of today. My previous experience with this tea was not a positive one (so much so that I did not review or rate). My first encounter was bitter and sharp (from what I remember) which I believe to be down to their default instructions. The packet says to use boiling water and keep covered for 5 minutes. It was yucky.

My Gongfu today is using a cooler water temperature and having my first pot steep for 1 minute. My own instructions :)

The leaves whilst raw are a dark brown colour with the occasional yellow flower bud or stem. It has a scent of musky jasmine.

What is produced is a lovely honey coloured tea with that beautiful sweet, floral jasmine scent (that us much expected). This is much tastier than before, it’s far more subtle with the sweet jasmine being fresh, light and at a perfect strength. The quality is not by any means the best but this was a cheap tea (roughly £3 for 227g/8 oz) so for that price it’s a nice every day jasmine tea.

Well first I thought I would have to throw this tea away but my second try with different methods has worked wonders. I may even take this to work. :)

180 °F / 82 °C
Starfevre

Have you had much success brewing gongfu at work?

KittyLovesTea

I’m lucky in the fact that my mother is my boss and the only other person I work alongside is my Aunt and they don’t mind me taking time to brew my tea. Gongfu is easier than Gaiwan as I can just pour myself a glass full and carry on until my cup is empty then I just take 2 minutes out to get another cup. Most of the time I just take bags or empty bags for mixtures but I dislike using bags for natural tea hence the Gongfu. :)

NofarS

You are lucky. I could never do that at my job, and I have to settle for stuffing tea into bags. That’s why I keep the best tea for home. Although, I may try to get away with a small teapot, a thermos of hot water and a cup…

Starfevre

I bought a Breville and a Zojirushi to work. I’m not supposed to have them, but no one really cares. So I can brew pots, but the slower methods are usually frowned upon a little bit. Although I’m really a beginner at gongfu and gaiwans anyway.

Comments

Starfevre

Have you had much success brewing gongfu at work?

KittyLovesTea

NofarS

Starfevre

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom