drank Lemon by PureAromaTea

Today has been relaxing for the most part but I started with an active morning (of shopping) so my energy levels are now very lax. Pure Aroma Tea were kind enough to send me a sample of their lemon tea. Lemon is usually a morning tea to help wake me up but I am in dire need of energy right now.

The tea is Congou based and has that fabulous rich, malty and slightly floral scent which is masked behind the strong and sour but fresh lemon. Amongst the dark brown twisted Coungo leaves are a sprinkle of dried lemon peel pieces which have a pleasing contrast.

Once boiled my tea has a gentle lemon scent with a little floralness that resembles lemongrass rather than lemon peel.

In flavour the lemon (which still tastes like lemongrass rather than lemon peel) is quite mellow with no tartness and only a flash of sourness. The Congou is rich and floral with smoky malt tones which blend nicely with the lemon. Overall the strength is fair and would be suitable for people that do not like their tea too strong but can always be increased for those of us who prefer large flavours. It tastes fresh and of nice quality and is a little different than your basic lemon tea which is mainly due to the lemongrass factor. Still very tasty and a nice every day style lemon tea.

I am 26 years old from Leicester, England. I have been drinking tea for many years now and have been getting more and more appreciative about good tea’s. I like to try new and exciting tea’s and import regularly as a treat.

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I am also an avid reader and enjoy curling up with a book (mostly crime, horror, thriller, literature genres) in one hand and a cup of tea in the other.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom