drank Alpine Punch by DAVIDsTEA

I’m surprised by how many Davids Teas I have managed to accumulate considering they don’t ship to the UK and it’s all thanks to you wonderful Steepsterites. :)

It’s 11:25pm and I’m still up in an over tired state which has given me more energy than I wish to have so while my body is sluggish my mind is racing. Hopefully this Rooibos tea will calm me down a little, it can’t exactly aid in my caffeine intake so theory says it should work.

This blend has an interesting set of ingredients and I’m at a loss on how this tea will taste other than fragrant and spicy.

I opened the packet and took a big sniff and was greeted by sweet almond (very marzipan like) with a pinch of flowers. It’s making me and my husband drool. I just realized I don’t think I have ever told you his name… it’s Richard. :)

The blend has large flakes of coconut, whole cardamom pods, big chunks of nuts, nice flakes of almond and a finely chopped mix of Rooibos and what looks like rose petals. All of this is easily visible.

After the long 7 minute the tea is red brown in colour with the same marzipan scent. I’m craving chocolate marzipan treats now that my nan used to share with me (RIP).

Well the taste doesn’t match it’s aroma exactly but it doesn’t need to be, it’s yummy in it’s own way. Sweet nuts with a spicy and refreshing glow that has depth yet remains fragrant and light. There is also a touch of flowers in there but it’s subtle and maybe pushing into light fruit territory. The nuts however are very strong but much nicer than Davids Teas Forever Nuts.

Even though it’s rooibos I can’t taste it other than a little in the after taste of the sweet almond. I’m starting to think that I’m going to miss this tea now it’s gone.

jessiwrites

I have some, if you want me to send it to you. :)

KittyLovesTea

That would be great :) Let me know what you would be interested in from my cupboard in return.

jessiwrites

Oh, I will do this and send you a message right away. Feel free to see if there is anything else in my cupboard you would be interested in, as well!

Comments

jessiwrites

I have some, if you want me to send it to you. :)

KittyLovesTea

jessiwrites

I adore cats and have four of my own called Honey, Cassie, Mr Soots and Ivory.

I also enjoy watching Japanese Anime and horror films.

Dislikes: Licorice, aniseed, clove, eucalyptus, lavender.

Leicester, England, United Kingdom